Thursday, August 16, 2012

Turkotek: When a Bleach Job Goes Bad

Turkotek: When a Bleach Job Goes Bad


On Turkotek I saw this amazing rug on display. The owner wrote,
"I don’t know why I bought this battered and slightly mysterious piece. I don’t really collect Baluch pieces but this little piece spoke to me. "
So using my super psychic skills I was able to hear what this rug was trying to say. Quite clearly what the rug was saying was, 
"Help I have been over bleached and I am suffering from chemical burns and discoloration."

Another poster added a similar piece:

This actually reminds me of a Tom Cole rug. Sistani  Baluch  with that distinctive green that shows up in so many of Tom's Baluch Rugs.  Someone tried to doctor this piece to add some age to it and the bleach job went bad.
 

No comments: